Hair Transplantation

Contact with Derma Hair Clinic

Dr. Karalexis answers himself as an expert on questions related to hair transplantation or other treatments.

Communication with us is done in many ways. Choose the best one for you. Thank you for staying on this site and we will be happy to see you up close at DERMA HAIR CLINIC for a free live update.


Related Services

Contact Form

Alopecia or hair loss is the falling and thinning of hair from the head and body. Alopecia is the most common disorder of hair growth.

The average person’s head has 100,000 to 150,000 hairs and normally loses 50 to 100 hairs daily. Therefore, do not come in conclusion that you are suffering from hair loss.

98% of men with hair loss suffer from androgenetic alopecia. The remaining 2% of cases with hair loss are due to other causes.

The hair life cycle

Each hair has its own life cycle, which is influenced by age and many other factors.The hair life cycle consists of 3 phases:

  • Anagen  phase:the phase of regeneration-growth of the hair at a gradual rate. It lasts 2-6 years
  • Catagen phase: the phase of hair weakening. Transitional stage in the life of the hair. It lasts about 2 weeks.
  • Telogen phase: the phase of hair fall. The falling hairs are replaced by new hairs that grow out. It lasts 2-4 months.


What are the causes of alopecia?

There are many factors that cause hair loss in men and women.

The most common causes of hair loss include heredity. Apart from this, the causes include:

  • Anxiety – stress
  • Dietary changes-weight loss
  • Iron deficiency
  • Thyroid diseases
  • polycystic ovary syndrome
  • Hormonal disorders

Contact us today to
see how we can help you

Types of alopecia

Alopecia is divided into 4 types:

  • Diffuse alopecia: occurs mainly in women and involves thinning of the hair density on the head.The hair thins and thins gradually.
  • Total alopecia: total loss of hair from the head, eyelids and eyebrows.
  • Androgenetic alopecia : known as baldness. It occurs in both men and women and can start as early as the age of 18.
  • Alopecia areata : an autoimmune disease affecting 1-2% of the population. It causes thinning of hair on the head and more rarely on the body.


How is alopecia diagnosed?

The diagnosis of alopecia is made by an experienced  dermatologist. He or she will ask you for medical tests and refer to your medical history. The ways of diagnosis include:

  • Trichogramm
  • Biopsy
  • Blood tests for polycystic ovary syndrome
  • Blood tests for Hormonal disorders


What is the appropriate treatment for alopecia?

Depending on the type of alopecia the patient is suffering from, the appropriate method of treating the problem is given. The most common methods of treating alopecia are the following:

  • medication with finasteride or minoxidil
  • Autologous mesotherapy with PRP
  • Laser LLLT
  • Hair transplantation

Hair transplantation at DermaHair Clinic offers definitive and aesthetically perfect results and patients are completely satisfied with the whole procedure. The most modern method of treating alopecia with hair transplantation is through the FUE technique. The FUE technique is painless, with no post-operative pain and offers an immediate return to daily life. It requires no stitches and leaves almost no scarring. Its results are natural.

Contact Form

Contact Form